Paul, Plevin's Annual Employment Law Seminar
Tuesday, October 24, 2017Estancia La Jolla
9700 N Torrey Pines Rd
La Jolla, CA 92037
Are you up to date on California Workplace Law?
The time has come for another recap of the past year’s key employment developments. PPSC’s 2017 annual update will help you navigate the recent courts cases, legislation, and agency actions by providing clear explanation and practical pointers.
Seminar topics include:
- New Developments Update: Exploring comprehensive key case developments and employer obligations for 2018, including LGBT issues, an update on the California Fair Pay Act, and everything you need to know about updated compliance with wage and hour laws, including recent municipal sick leave laws
- The First 290 Days of the Trump Administration: Evaluating key legislative and regulatory changes, and considerations for employers to bear in mind to prepare their workforces for ongoing labor law changes we can expect.
- Responding to the First Threat of Potential Litigation: Developing a roadmap for navigating litigation threats, including compliance with record requests and knowing when to engage counsel.
- How to Handle Jerks at Work: Tips for traversing the legal hurdles challenging personalities bring to the workplace.
- The Culture Wars: Dive into court decisions about expression in the workplace and religious accommodation issues; including tools for managing related workplace scenarios, and exploring lessons learned from high profile disputes regarding employee expression.
- Rich Paul’s Legendary Crystal Ball: Rich Paul predicts upcoming workplace topics for 2018 and beyond.
Workplace Law 2018
Registration/Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Seminar: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Parking, program materials download and continental breakfast are included.
3.75 hours MCLE credit approved. HRCI credit available.
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
Immediately following the annual employment law update we offer optional afternoon sessions, providing an in-depth analysis on these important issues. These sessions run concurrently. Choose one:
Report Writing Workshop
In this interactive workshop, we will update attendees on what they need to know about preparing reports that coincide with a workplace investigation. Covered topics include organization recommendations, deciphering which factual findings to include, considerations for analytical evaluations, and guidelines for dissemination.
Case Study on the Toughest LOA Scenarios
Using detailed hypotheticals modeled from real-life scenarios, our presenters will guide attendees through the most channeling employee leave requests that require compliance with the FMLA, the ADA, and other laws, such as paid family leave and/or workers’ compensation.
Afternoon Breakout Session Information
Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Seminar: 12:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Parking, program materials download and lunch are included.
1.25 hours MCLE credit approved. HRCI credit available.